May 22nd, 2018
When Lee Ritchey “got through launching things to the moon” his career took off (in Silicon Valley...before it was Silicon Valley!) and he is now widely regarded as one of the premier authorities on high speed PCB and system design. He is the founder of Leading Edge and author of Right the First Time.
- Lee started as a microwave engineer who designed chips that went up on the Apollo
- ICs and “faking” logic
- High Speed design courses first offered at Berkeley.
- He wrote the books to make the students happy and provide the coursework that didn’t exist.
- High speed signal path losses - how do we control skew? Where does it come from?
- And what’s the answer? Spread glass.
Links and Resources:
Lee Ritchey on Linkedin
Lee Ritchey’s Presentation at AltiumLive 2017 in Munich
SI forum - an email forum that is a very good resource for SI questions.
- All one needs to do is send an email to: si-list-freelists.org
- Type subscribe in the subject line to become a member.
Disclaimer: We respect the unique perspectives of all of our OnTrack podcasts guests. Therefore, we choose to offer their uncensored opinions in favor of full transparency. However, all opinions expressed are exclusively those of our guests and do not reflect the views of Altium or our employees.