Join Altium’s Judy Warner and Ben Jordan for a conversation on Multiboard PCB design.
- Many different product areas are being impacted by developments in Electronics, opening new frontiers - beauty products, wearables
- Electronics are replacing things that traditionally were not electronics
- Electronics product development are increasingly driven by engineers, but other makers are inspiring growth in the market - i.e. sofas, smart homes
- Design and product driven electronics, PCB designers are being pushed to partion boards into multiboard systems
- Everybody faces this multiboard challenge
- Immediate visual feedback in 3D design / 3D modeling definitely helps
- Major recurring challenge in industry: aligning connectors and aligning components that have some kind of outward expression on the actual product; MCAD and PCB assembly alignment. Multiboard design editor allows you to do this.
- Altium trivia and the origin of making tools for makers
- Ben's brother and his first soldering tool
Links and Resources: