Apr 17th, 2018
Overview: Omer Mahgoub, Electrical Engineer for the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) Africa talks about the project and shares how he got started in the field of PCB Design. Join Omer and Judy Warner for a conversation on Multi-board PCB design in the context of extremely sensitive devices.
- The goal of the Square Kilometre Array is to be the largest radio telescope in operation.
- Bigger and more sensitive
- Project scope - built in South Africa and Australia
- Meercat is 64 / 25% of project - Phase 1
- Next phase - Australia 158 low frequency range antennas
- Multitudes of BGA Fanouts, tight pitches, narrow tracks, etc.
- Extremely sensitive device, signal integrity is crucial
- One aspect of project is to develop local economy, so we are working with local manufacturers to improve manufacturing technology. There is a lot of giving back involved in this project.
Links and Resources: