Mar 22nd, 2022
Let’s talk about the future of printed circuit board prototyping. Sean Patterson, the President of Nano Dimension USA is here to introduce the technology behind DragonFly IV®, the multi-material 3D printer for electronics fabrication. He will walk us through its current capabilities, what it can do and what we may expect from it in the future.
Sit back, relax and enjoy this episode. Make sure to listen through the end and check the show notes with the additional resources below.
- Sean talks about the growing company.
- They have 39 members in the US, and 500 globally. There are still plenty of roles available, visit Nano Dimension’s website here
- Started as an additive manufacturing company, specifically for circuit boards to now multi-material, and multi-layer 3D printing option for electronics through
- Sean excitedly shares all the exciting things that the DragonFly IV can do.
- Faster electronic prototyping and proof of concept
- Environmental and sustainability advantages
- A manufacturing plant in the office
- An electromechanical structure that's functionally, mechanically, and electrically, to solve a problem
- The evolution of electronic manufacturing offers a solution that works–there are many better ways, weight reduction, and size reduction
- Nano Dimensions is helping the electronics industry ecosystems systems get prepped now, to support the adoption of this technology
- DragonFly IV uses FR4-like, and the conductive ink is a silver nanoparticle
- What’s the future look like for Nano Dimensions?
- What materials will be available in the future?
- What will be the ultimate capability of the DragonFly?
Links and Resources: