May 31st, 2022
What is the current state of the electronic industry? Dan Schoenfelder joins us today to discuss the most extreme problems the PCB design industry is currently facing: supply shortages, particularly the semi-conductor products and microcontrollers.
Tune in, or listen on the go. Learn how to keep up with the industry challenges through Nexar and Octopart.
- Dan shares his background and role his role at Octopart and now as the Head of Nexar sales
- Problems with the supply chain continue; how are companies coping with the shortages in semi-conductor products and microcontrollers?
- What is lean manufacturing, and what drives an inflexible supply chain?
- The effect of the pandemic on manufacturing facilities is still very apparent and may continue through 2013
- Dan discusses the many benefits of utilizing Octopart to find and access electronic components data easily
- Octopart is the search engine for electronics and makes a great tool to integrate into PCB design workflows
- Dan shares Octopart’s new features, including the ability to filter and search by specs
- How does the Nexar API help with democratizing information in the electronics industry?
- Ability to obtain information through the Nexar API programmatically and incorporate that into native workflows inside the users’ businesses
- Nexar works with the RAI to ensure that all data collected can be trusted
- Dan talks about the Electronic Design to Delivery Index (EDDI), which is meant to provide users with free insight into what's happening in the electronic space in general
- Supply Chain Resilience tools – help designers build thoughtful designs and build BOMs (Bill of Materials) that are resilient to unforeseen challenges
- What’s coming next for Nexar?
Links and Resources:
Connect with Dan Schoenfelder on LinkedIn
Search electronic parts, visit Octopart.com
Design with the PCB Community, learn more about the Nexar ecosystem
Learn more about the Electronic Design to Delivery index (EDDI)
Watch Previous Episode with Dan Schoenfelder: Supply Chain Intelligence from Octopart
Connect with Zach on LinkedIn