Nov 2nd, 2022
Materials Science and how this can level up your PCB manufacturability.
In this episode, our guest Geoffrey Leeds the product manager at Insulectro talks about how material science can help solve the unique manufacturing challenges fabricators are dealing with HDI designs.
Listen through the end and check the additional resources below.
- Geoffrey Leed’s role as a product manager at Insulectro, a material science distributor
- What is material science and how does it relates to PCB manufacturing
- Ultra HDI designs present unique manufacturing challenges to PCB fabricators
- How are your material choices impacting your design performance?
- Geoffrey explains why having lower CTE materials could be a double-edged sword
- Perfect is the enemy of good enough! You must accept some level of tolerance when your product moves into production and goes out into the real world, It can be the material tolerance or the electrical performance
- The PCB industry has been walking in the packaging industry's footsteps for quite some time and the CHIPS act has become one of the drivers of this movement
- Would a set of alphanumerical rules help designers with HDI designs? Geoffrey answered with the phrase “curse of the easy button”
- Geoffrey recognizes IPC’s effort as the governing body in the standardization of PCB design and manufacturability- heterogeneous
Links and Resources:
Connect with Geoffrey Leeds on LinkedIn
Follow Insulectro on LinkedIn
Watch Related Episode: Mike Creeden on Empowering PCB Engineers through PCE-A
Connect with Zach on LinkedIn
Visit Nexar website
Visit Octopart website