Nov 4th, 2020
According to the World Health Organization, 2 billion people across the globe rely on contaminated water sources. Dr. Cody Friesen, founder of SOURCE and Fulton Engineering professor saw this problem, and developed the SOURCE® Hydropanel, a device which can extract water vapor from ambient air to create clean, potable water using the power of the sun.
Cody Friesen joins the OnTrack podcast to discuss materials science, entrepreneurship, the ASUIO competition, and how he came to develop the hydropanel.
- Cody Friesen and materials science
- SOURCE and the search renewable water
- Alarming statistics: clean drinking water and foodborne illness
- SOURCE Hydropanels: how they work and what they do
- Why hydropanels are a massive multidisciplinary problem
- The worldwide impact of SOURCE Hydropanel technology
- ECEDHA (The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department Head Association)
- Entrepreneurship and the ASUIO competition
- Apples, Soundskrit, and chip-scale LIDAR
- Trends in PCB Design amid the rise of Electrical Engineers
- EEs and cross disciplinary synergy
Links and Resources:
- Cody Friesen on Linkedin
- Source Global on LinkedIn
- Apply to the 2021 ASU Innovation Open
- Who is Source Water?
- Cody Friesen featured on BBC Video Spotlight Future Innovators